The Language Point’s Top Five of 2012
I’m a bit of a pushover for those end of year lists, so when The LanguagePoint was invited to share its top EFL resources from the past year, I couldn’t resist!
We love receiving great resources to share with other teachers, so we regularly choose an item uploaded at The LanguagePoint, and reward its creator with an Amazon voucher for €50.
We took a look back at our first year in operation, and here (in alphabetical order!) are our top five shared ELT resources for 2012:
- The Art of Winemaking - Gary Jones records interviews with native English speakers for his resources, and this one is a fascinating look at the wine industry.
- Coldplay – Vicky Loras loves Coldplay and loves using different types of text with her classes – what better than song lyrics from her favourite band?!
- Eurovision Song Contest – A reading/discussion lesson about why we love and hate the Eurovision Song Contest, by Phil Wade. It is a real ‘Marmite’ event, isn’t it? I love it!
- Interviews: Ask me a Question – Students often find asking questions difficult, so Carlos Eduardo Santanna de Souza Silva shared these activities to make practising more fun.
- Place hacking the London Shard - reading, speaking and vocabulary activities based on an article about people climbing the London Shard building, by Mura Nava. The building officially opens to the public in February, so it’s a topical theme.
Everyone at The LanguagePoint wishes you a very happy and successful 2013!